Saturday, August 2, 2008

Bowling Green Kentucky- Still Thriving !!

As the owner of one of the leading real estate firms in the Bowling Green Ky. market, I have the honor of working with some of the finest Realtors in the business today. I see my agents compete everyday in a marketplace that is not always easy or fair and I think we have all seen dramatic changes in the financial and housing sector in the past 18 months which has been amplified by the price of oil. The age of 24 hour news and constant drum beat of panic peddling has lulled everyone into thinking it is worse than really what it is. It is just like if I tell you "you don't look good" or "are you feeling alright?" about 100 times in a row. You would start to think you're sick.


The great news is locally homes in Bowling Green are still selling, if the are priced to compete with current market inventory. I feel that the market which was starting to head down a little at the beginning of 2007 finally has hit a soft bottom a few months ago. We still have quite a bit of inventory on the market and it will take a little time to work through but on the horizon I see good things. I also feel that the country as a whole will bounce back from all the sub-prime lending mess within 12-16 months from now. Hey it was a big mess in other places that's why it will take a while to come back in areas like; California, Florida, Arizona and Nevada. Bowling Green however is still a thriving economy when compared to even some of the hottest markets in the country like Franklin, Tenn. We are so blessed to live in this part of the country where jobs are still being created. We have a great university, Western Kentucky which adds untold millions to our local and regional marketplace. Bowling Green for sure will be on the grow for some time to come.


I have been selling and brokering real estate in Bowling Green for almost 13 years now and I have seen tremendous achievements in our area's quality of life over that time. As one of my agents said "We will not participate in any slow down". That is the mantra of the fine agents here at Crye-Leike. Will the election of 2008 change anything, I simply do not know. What I do know is that we should learn as a country that loose lending practices, oil dependence and fighting a war on a trillion dollars of borrowed money has a few consequences. I got to spend some time in the Persian Gulf as a younger man in 1990-91. I went there to serve my country and my country went there because of our oil dependence to the middle east and to keep the unrestricted oil flowing to our country. I guess we really did not learn our lesson during the late 70's- 80's oil embargo, 90's Desert Shield-Storm or the new and lengthy current Iraqi Freedom war. I see this as an issue that can be resolved if our country will get back to the morals and standards of God, family and country that made us the most prosperous nation on the face of the earth.


The moral of the story I guess is that after seeing much of the world and other cultures it made me appreciate what we have here, even more. I honestly could not wait to get back home to South Central Kentucky. I realized the day I made the last turn off of I-65 to the Bowling Green exit after 4 years of being away that I was home to stay. I have never found a place in all my travels as unique and offering the unlimited opportunity as Bowling Green and South Central Kentucky. In Bowling Green I have been able to realize my dream of owning a real estate company and I attribute the success that has allowed us to become Crye-Leike's #1 franchise for the past six years to hard work, long hours and the thriving market in Bowling Green. One of the rewarding parts of my job is I get to meet and talk to so many people that are moving here from other places. Some people come because they are being transferred, while others come because of attending one of many area gatherings and conventions such as the annual Corvette Homecoming. Finally, some have just gotten off of I-65 on the Bowling Green exit and simply fell in love with our town and the people. I am not surprised at the amount of visitors that simply visit here a few times and decide to stay because it truly is one of the best places to live, work, play and raise your children that exists in our country today. So the next time you are watching that negative news story about the failed housing market realize that it is not here folks, to put it other terms " We are not participating in any slowdown".

We as professional Realtors at Crye-Leike Executive Realty are doing our part everyday to make sure that our local economy remains strong and continues to thrive. Let me know what you think at ktinsley@crye-leike.com

No comments: